Chatbots For The Future
Chatbots will rule the digital platform. They are growing fast, with the demand scaling up.
Before we know about the future of chatbots and their importance, let us first understand what they are.
WHAT ARE CHATBOTS?
Chatbots are basically robots that stimulate human conversations. They are also known as virtual assistants.
But wait, how can they stimulate a human conversation? How is it even possible for them to fathom the human language?
Using sophisticated AI solutions, the programmers try to replicate the pattern of end-user interaction so that the bots can carry out a (seemingly) human conversation.
They are so cool. Why bother to have people 24*7 to chat with users or potential customers, with their attitude and performance constantly affected by moods? Yes, people at call centers are trained to perform well and remain polite, but no one can vouch for their consistency. A company will never encounter such issues with chatbots.
CHATBOTS WILL RULE THE FUTURE
I never give inductive statements. I always have points to support my claim and try to make it deductive. And perhaps by the end of the blog, you will also agree to it.
My rational points to support my claim are here:
1) EVERY BUSINESS WILL HAVE A BOT.
Have you ever observed that Facebook messenger is getting more popular and used than Facebook itself? This shows that people love to converse more virtually.
So it is ideal for every company to grab and engage to customers via these digital conversations. People are busy and impatient and they want their questions answered as quickly as possible. Your company needs to match up this expectation to survive and thrive.
So you can provide this amenity to your visitors in two ways:
A) Set up an arrangement like a call centre where humans will be chatting all day long. This is not at all cost-effective, and most of the businesses will not be able to ever implement this.
B) A business can have a chatbot to perform that part. Computers will answer queries and will talk to multiple people simultaneously. And they are getting better at handling different situations in the way users expect.
So if messaging apps are the platform where all companies aim to engage with people, then yes, chatbots will rule.
2) Bots are faster than websites and mobile apps.
Suppose I want to know what the current discount schemes are in Ahmedabad’s Central mall. I can get it from several modes.
1) I may get an email or SMS from the mall itself if I am a member.
2) I have to visit the official website and get it from there.
3) I can use some app to know such offers.
4) Personally visit the mall and ask staff members.
But these modes can be made redundant if Ahmedabad Central has chatbots. Simply ask the chatbot and get all the information you need.
For such queries, people want an even faster, more personal and more reliable method than Google search.
Isn’t it easy to directly ask chatbots and get the answers?
I hear you thinking- people are resistant to change. They won’t adapt to chatbots.
They will. Here is why people will prefer a bot.
1) The options users currently have often taken too much time. People want a faster way. Bots load instantly. They will solve all the queries. 100s of queries, one solution.
2) Apps need to be downloaded, they take up valuable space (it’s like giving a part of your mobile real estate) and you can’t have different apps for every purpose. Chatbots will not demand any part of your mobile storage space, as they live inside other apps (like FB messenger), websites, SMS or email. They will simply answer you what you need when you need it. (Chatbots are so kind!)
Still not convinced? Check out this SquareUp article on 5 companies that are successfully using chatbots.
Read our 5 tips to boost your Google Ads.
About the Author:
Tanushri Saxena is pursuing her MBA from GLS, Ahmedabad. Currently, she is interning as a content writer at WebKow. She enjoys an occasional cup of coffee and is an avid Game of Thrones fan (but not season 8 ).